Saturday, June 15, 2013

The Graduate! Our youngest graduated from UK Summa Cum Laude in both English & Spanish on 5/05/13








Pictures: 1. I could see Wes better on the screen, so I took a picutre of the screen as he crossed the stage. 2. My son-in-law, Jon, Wes, my oldest son, and my husband sharing a happy moment. 3. My children with Mom & Pop: Lauren, Wes, Christopher, me, & Robin. Very proud parents! 4. Wes is burning up in that cap and gown! 5. Wes unaware that Mom is taking pictures and really quite oblivious to it all. He was just taking a moment to reflect. 6. Lauren and Wes

2 comments:

LKD said...

What a beautiful family!

Congratulations to your son on his accomplishment.

(and to the little guy's graduation, too in the photos below!)

Maggie said...

Some light in the middle of the dark wood where the straight way was lost (or some such thing Dante' said).

Wes is rather ho-hum about it all, but his mom is very proud. I don't mean to say he is not grateful to have had the opportunity to go to college--he is. And, he studied poetry under Nikky Finney--wow! I would have loved that!

He is moving to Nashville, and I can't say I don't see any point in that. I love Nashville. There is so much going on artistically there that he will have more opporutnities.

Thanks, Laurel. Just feels like I am trying to run in dry sand lately--the brain tells the feet to run, but the sand just won't let them. Spinning a bit but holding on.

My daughter and son-in-law just got back from an almost three week trip to South Africa. From the pictures, it looks like somewhere I would love to go. I am going to post one of them.

It makes me happy to see my children get to be with friends, go places I have only dreamed about going to, reach out to their families in love, push themselves to advocate for the less fortunate, and allow themselves to not dwell on the things that did not work out.

They teach me something every day.

I want to grow up and be like them.

:)