Monday, June 30, 2008

Getting there...

...better that is, at least somewhat. I am still coughing, but not
as much and it's not hurting like it was. My ribs
were so sore from that constant hacking. It's
mostly just in the morning now. I even took
Molly walking this morning (and yesterday, too,
though we only took a very short walk).

The sky has been lovely the last two days and the light
so pure--everything looks like it's in high-definition.
I'm not sure that I would say the sky is pure cerulean--
it's almost manganese--so clear--like the water
color in parts of the Keys...

When I was walking today and a cloud would darken
the trees at the far end of the track, the blue of the sky
would just pop--like something 3D. And the lazy, puffy
clouds just enhanced this whole feeling of roundness
and comfort--

I felt like I was inside a "summer day" globe--if you shook
it up, I could have bounced around inside there with
the clouds and the crows and the flutterbys--those tiny
little moth/butterflies that Molly loves to chase. She'll
go round and round, zigzaging all over the infield. She
becomes completely oblivious to anything else around
her when she's after one of them. One day, she smacked
right into a telephone pole--I know it's not funny, but it
looked funny. She just shook her head and tried to find
her little flutterby again.

*************************************
Ok...these beautiful clouds did not get in my way
today, but I just have to post Joni, because I thought
about her when I was looking at them, singing to myself

I really don't know clouds at all...

I've looked at clouds, and love, and life from more
than both sides and I don't know much about
any of those things at all...

2 comments:

Calder said...

Cool tune and vid, takes one back to the day... sigh.

Glad you are feeling a bit better, keep it going Maggie. I would have like to see the dog chasing the butterfly and the butterfly probably meant to stear her imto the pole.

Still no Mia... :(
I put up signs in the neighborhood today, maybe someone took her in and will call us? Not good...

Maggie said...

Keep up the hope...cats are very resourceful creatures and can make it a long time without the comforts of home...

I'll go light a candle now for Mia.