Too drained
...to write much. And I think I am still somewhat wrapped
in self-preservation mode to write anything coherent.
More later.
***************
Sometimes you choose a path and sometimes the path
chooses you. It is as if it has a life of its own.
I am walking through briars, knowing my extremities
are wounded along the walk--there is so much to take
in, so many other facets of being yet to unfold that the cuts
and scrapes and bleeding don't matter that much.
Unfolding is not such a beautiful thing. The undersides
are many times coated in slime, fragile and not pretty
to view. And sometimes, the unfolding yields an even
less attractive progeny.
I'm not sure at this point if the viewing is all that
important. I'm even less sure that the
walk matters all that much either.
I feel certain only about this: I shall keep walking.
I am lighting candles tonight. I am going outside
to view the stars. I am going to sit in the cool autumn
evening until I get cold enough to come back inside.
I am going to eat a s***load of junk. Pizza. Uh-huh.
Some wine. Most likely some bad for my lungs stuff, too.
And I am going to look at the stars.
5 comments:
Yeah! I know what ya mean Maggie. Been so busy as of late, been burning the midnight oil to write. I have many thoughts, but little time to write them down! :)
Ya know...I'm just gonna hang out and be this weekend. I think I won't ask any more of me than that...
I hope you have a good weekend, Jo.
Go look at the stars...
and, just enjoy your weekend!
Hi there. I stumbled upon your blog (I was searching for the poem, Ruby Tells All, and found a post of yours with it) and this entry resonated with me. Your words are beautiful, and the feeling is familiar. To me. To everyone alive who takes the time to notice life.
I love reading about the lives of strong women. Keep on walking, Maggie.
And enjoy your pizza! ;-)
Leila,
I just love Ruby Tells All and always have from the first time I read it in one of my poetry classes.
Are you researching Miller Williams or taking a poetry class?
You know he's Lucinda Williams's dad, yes? Don't know if you listen to Lucinda, but I recommend listening to her!
So glad you stopped by--I shall pay you a visit!
I don't study poetry (though I'm a writer at heart, always have been, can't shake it!) but I've been craving poetry lately. Neil Gaiman (my favorite author) says that hearing a poem changes you forever, so I've been searching for good poetry. I remembered Ruby from a few years back, in some poetry collection I found somewhere, and needed something changed that that poem promised to change.
I've been craving the words (the pain, the hope, the joy) of strong women, and our dear Ruby is certainly strong. She has more bitterness in her than I want in myself, but you can't deny her spirit.
Please stop by, and comment, and enjoy. Thanks!
ps. I didn't realize the family connection! Cool!
I didn't realize the family connection there, but I
Post a Comment