Sunday, December 21, 2008

Guess the location


I've been thinking about places I would go if I could. Places
I want to see before I leave this earth. This is one place
I've always wanted to visit. I get the feeling, that by the time
I can retire, I might not have the energy to go much of anywhere.
I hope that's not true.

7 comments:

LKD said...

Is that Mount Rainier?

It's beautiful.

karen said...

Mt Moran in Grand Teton National Park.
Beautiful.
You must go.
You WILL go!! :-)

Anonymous said...

You should scrape up the money and go now. I try to travel now--always, because you really don't know how things work out in the end. Even if you do have the money and the health, you can just do it again.

Maggie said...

And it's Karen for a $1,000! Yes, this picture is from the Grand Teton National Park site. It does look a great deal like a picture of Mt. Rainier, though, Laurel.

I want to go there. I want to see something that beautiful with my own eyes. I want to hear nothing but wind and birds and the flopping of fish in the water. It's one of those few places in the US whose beauty has not been terribly altered by the tourists and progress.

And, Talia, I do travel as often as I can, but a trip out west would take some time and more money than I've had in a while. Every time I save enough to travel, I invariably go to the ocean. I need the ocean. And I usually go to a place where someone I know lives so I have a place to stay to cut down on expenses.

I don't know anyone in Wyoming. Matter of fact, I'm not sure I've ever met anyone from Wyoming!

But I want to go see the Grand Tetons. They are on my to visit list.

Then there's always the matter of going alone. Hubby could care less about travel. When he take days off, he races. He owns his own business and it is hard to get away, but when he gets away, the last place he wants to go is to the beach or a national park (and he's an Eagle Scout--you'd think he'd love that stuff!).

karen said...

I'm not much of a traveler, myself...pulled along by my folks as a kid and teen...the Tetons were my mom's favorite place as well.
They are beautiful. Grab someone and go.

Jo A. T.B. said...

Never been there, but I know my husband wants to go there someday too! I'd prefer Hawaii myself!

Maggie said...

I would like Hawaii as well some day!