Good to know you are both here...means a great deal to me.
Much happening, but I am making it.
Thank you for your presence.
Who said hope is a thing with feathers? Dickinson?
The thing with feathers this weekend actually did have feathers.
A male cardinal preched in my holly tree. He chose a limb that exposed his whole body. From my vantage point, I could see his chest rise and fall as he sang. Just before the storm hit, a female joined him. When the winds started, they abandoned the limb. But what joy I experienced in watching them!
I do believe in the hope things with feathers have to offer, and, cynic that I am, I do believe that hope lies in the most quiet moments of our lives, those moments when all we hear is the sound of our own hearts beating.
I do believe we know more about ourselves in those moments when we are caught most unaware.
Thinking of the both of you and grateful you are on this planet.
Hope
Hope is the thing with feathers That perches in the soul, And sings the tune--without the words, And never stops at all,
And sweetest in the gale is heard; And sore must be the storm That could abash the little bird That kept so many warm.
I've heard it in the chillest land, And on the strangest sea; Yet, never, in extremity, It asked a crumb of me.
The poem is an Emily Dickinson poem--can't believe I forgot to put her name after the poem!
Glad you liked it. Thanks for being here, Jo. It means a lot to me!
I so loved seeing that male cardinal perched in the tree. It did so much for my mood.
I am grateful when animals chose to present themselves to me. That being said, I can tell you I would not be very grateful if a vicious dog came after me when I was out for a walk, or if a shark found me while I was out wading in the beautiful Gulf of Mexico!
5 comments:
I'm worried about you and yours, Maggie.
I hope this silence is merely a blog break.
I know how awfully real real life can get.
Miss your posts Maggie. Hoping all is ok. You can email me anytime!
Good to know you are both here...means a great deal to me.
Much happening, but I am making it.
Thank you for your presence.
Who said hope is a thing with feathers? Dickinson?
The thing with feathers this weekend actually did have feathers.
A male cardinal preched in my holly tree. He chose a limb that exposed his whole body. From my vantage point, I could see his chest rise and fall as he sang. Just before the storm hit, a female joined him. When the winds started, they abandoned the limb. But what joy I experienced in watching them!
I do believe in the hope things with feathers have to offer, and, cynic that I am, I do believe that hope lies in the most quiet moments of our lives, those moments when all we hear is the sound of our own hearts beating.
I do believe we know more about ourselves in those moments when we are caught most unaware.
Thinking of the both of you and grateful you are on this planet.
Hope
Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune--without the words,
And never stops at all,
And sweetest in the gale is heard;
And sore must be the storm
That could abash the little bird
That kept so many warm.
I've heard it in the chillest land,
And on the strangest sea;
Yet, never, in extremity,
It asked a crumb of me.
Hi Maggie,
Glad to see you back! I love your poem it's beautiful. Also your comment post, about the birds!
Hey Jo,
The poem is an Emily Dickinson poem--can't believe I forgot to put her name after the poem!
Glad you liked it. Thanks for being here, Jo. It means a lot to me!
I so loved seeing that male cardinal perched in the tree. It did so much for my mood.
I am grateful when animals chose to present themselves to me. That being said, I can tell you I would not be very grateful if a vicious dog came after me when I was out for a walk, or if a shark found me while I was out wading in the beautiful Gulf of Mexico!
Hopefully, that won't happen to me.
:)
Post a Comment