Wednesday, June 16, 2010

All the should bes

As in , I should be sleeping.

What a night last night on call! Weather
was terrible. I have driven many, many times
in torrential rain, snow, sleet, etc., but I have
never been as frightened as I was last night
on my way to Muhlenberg Co. for an on call
assessment. It's about a 30 minute drive,
and I drove directly into the storm front.

Felt like my car was in this storm globe--lightning
striking all around, wrapping around my car.
Hydroplaning, rain so hard I could not see the road.
I finally got to the Ky State Police Post on the Pkwy
and pulled off for a little while, only to resume my drive
when the storm reached its peak. I am not sure what
got me through. A blood pressure pill and grit.

Grateful to be here.

No comments: