This rings so true. A person who said I was his/her friend deleted a thread that contained my thoughts. I was cut off. That was a message that I crossed a line that he/she would not tolerate. Friends, in my estimation, do not delete the comments of their friends.. They may leave the discussion alone and private message the friend, or they may respond in the thread saying they disagree, or they may thank the friend for being able to feel free enough to state his or her feelings on their FB/Instagram page. I had to set a boundary knowing I was not allowed to speak the truth as I saw it. The person spoke quite negatively about me many times after that. It is not to that person's credit that they never named me because I could read what that person wrote, and I knew what negative feelings that person harbored in his/her thoughts. Whether anyone else knew or not did not matter. I knew. I was called passive aggressive for my previous comments throughout the years on that person's FB/Instagram page. That person apparently does not see his/her own passive aggressive and controlling tendencies. It would be good if this person I know could stop blaming everyone else when others stop contacting him/her and try to see that sometimes, he/she carries much of the responsibility for losing contact with friends and family. It has been hard for me to read his/her negative comments knowing they were addressed at me, but I know that the person was not, and is not, still today, ready to take any responsibility for his/her actions. I own my part--speaking my mind on his/her thread on FB. If I cannot do that without my words being deleted, then how can I really matter to that person? How is it friendship if you cannot say what you think? That person made a suggestion that anyone who did not agree with her/him just unfriend them right then and there. I did not do that. It seems sophomoric and immature and not helpful. The comment itself was representative of someone very insecure who feels they must bully anyone who questions their statements or who needs to feel "right" all of the time. All of that was before COVID-19 reared its ugly, deadly head. I think about this person, and I feel, and will most likely always feel, I am owed an apology for having my thoughts deleted. That was like hanging up the phone on someone you say you care about. I am not going to post a "threat" to unfriend the person I am writing about. I don't really know why I chose to speak of this tonight other than the fact that this meme popped up, and it made me think about all of the nonsense, how hurtful it has been to me, and how much I wanted to say something but knew I would just continue to be the scapegoat for that person's other issues. And, it bothers me that I still let that nonsense bother me. We all see things the way we see them. I spoke my mind. I got cut off. That was a message to me that my words did not matter.
No comments:
Post a Comment