Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Can you imagine us...


years from today
sharing a park bench quietly?
How terribly strange to be seventy

Old friends
Old friends

That was playing in my CD player this morning...made me sad all over.
Again and again, this sadness. Only such a brief few moments
of each day am I not filled with it. I can't bare losing Dad.
I just can't bare to think I'll never see him again, kiss the top
of his sweet head, give him a big hug and feel him hug me back just as tightly.
I'll miss his quiet, soft manner. His amusement at our inanities. His beautiful
eyes (blue and green and grey and little streaks of brown). I'll miss his voice
coming from upstairs as I came in the front door of the house
and called for him "Ho, Sis!"

Oh my dear, sweet , Jesus, this is terrible pain. I can't even bring myself
to look at his pictures. It just makes me feel like I'm choking. I can't sit
in his chair or lie across his bed without feeling like I'm suffocating.

Oh, Dad. Come and make things right again, Ok?

No comments: