Wednesday, September 27, 2006

On Receiving An Anonymous Letter In The Mail Yesterday in Which I Am Told My Father Was Not My Father



I knew from the moment
I saw the nondescript
white envelope, no return address,
my name misspelled,
that I probably should not open it.

And I didn't then. I
waited until I got to work,
in the safety of flourescent lights
and coworkers who don't have enough
vested interest in me to do particularly
much when, two minutes after reading it,
I walk into one of their rooms and tell them
that I'm not who I thought I was.
That my father might not have been
my father.


**********************************************

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good day!
Intresting whats think your car? [url=http://immobilizer.4.pl] immo decode [/url] super vehicle diagnostics tool!

admiral diagnostics
admiral decode
admiral decoding
admiral forum
admiral gasoline pump
admiral turns
admiral temperature sensor
admiral codes

Thank you!