Marianne
You love Marianne and the slow
way she strums the base guitar.
You love the way her body molds
to the instrument and her spirit
soars above the crowds and you.
She is the untouchable. Two feet
from you and breathing the same
air your lungs take in and savor
like a mouth tasting for the first
time the exotic mango, the perfectly
seared steak. She is lovely,
isn't she?
Marianne lives in your dreams,
inhabits the hidden corners where life
resonates on an early spring morning
with its showy newborn crocus flowers.
She lives along the lines
of poles strung one to the other--opposite,
connective. She is all that romance
could ever capture (geese settling on a
still pond, sunsets over the Ohio,
driftwood carried in the ice floes).
You know I know.
I can't help but love Marianne--
her patchouli infiltrating
your bones and marrow, her beauty
the thrill of unearthing a piece
of fragmented pottery from an ancient
tomb. I love that about her too
and hope when you touch
her, the hairs on your arms
stand on end and the tip of your cock
settles comfortably into the warmth
of missing years. Give her a kiss
for me, and make sure she knows
who loved you well.
***********************************************
Found this in the archives and felt like playing around
with it but I can't now. Mostly I think I wanted to remember
how it felt to feel something other than this overwhelming
sadness.
Anger would be good. Love would be good. Passion too.
Maybe I will feel these things again soon.
*sigh*
2 comments:
you will. but the ache will always be there, like an old button you have no use for, but can't seem to throw away. jim
Hey you! Been missing your work. I didn't comment on your blog but I read you every day. I hope you'll soon be back up so I can get my dancer fix!
:)
I have a half-gallon milk jar full of old buttons I can't bring myself to throw away. I believe you are right, dear friend, about the ache.
Hope you celebrated last night and that 2007 is a good year for you and yours.
I'll lift my glass to you too at dinner tonight--along with a toast to Laurel and others who have extended such kindness to me in my grief.
Best,
M
Post a Comment