Monday, March 19, 2007

Walk, walk, walk

Going to try this again. My problem
with any exercise routine is staying with it.
When the weather gets very hot and humid,
I will not want to be out walking. Even at 7
a.m., it's 80 degrees many summer mornings.
80 and terribly humid and no breeze.
But I am going to try.

*

3/13--2.5 miles
3/14--2 miles
3/15--2 miles
3/16--2 miles
3/17--0 miles
3/18--2.75 miles
3/19--2 miles

So, that's 13.25 miles in 7 days. Not a bad start. Just have to keep it going.

*

Crazy dreams last night. Here's one. I went into a church--
an Anglican church--shortly after Martin Luther
had nailed his 95 Theses to the door of the church
in Wittenberg. I knew I was time traveling,
and others knew I was not from that area, but I was
invited into the church. I had on some coffee-colored
velvet slacks with a matching top. I had something
on my head but can't remember what. I just remember
the people in the church looked like this:



So, I went in. I touched the last pew and genuflected, like
a good catholic, before I walked down to my pew.
I sat with a group of men. The man next to me
was not wearing anything on his head. He had the blackest
hair I have ever seen and the most beautiful face.
Not handsome--beautiful. He was sporting a modern day
haircut, but his dress was of that time. He was talking
during the sermon and being blatantly disrespectful.

He leaned his head over on my shoulder and fell asleep,
but within mintutes he awoke and began unclothing
my left shoulder and upper torso until my breast
was exposed. Then it was as if he was nursing.
Even the parishoners assumed as much. So, at first,
I thought I was nursing a baby. It was only after
I looked down at him again that I felt a twinge
down below and knew he was not a baby suckling the breast.

And I woke up.

*

No job yet. Have completed substitute teacher training.
Just need to send my transcript, have a physical,
get my background check back, and get started. I want
to sub and I don't. At one point in time, I wanted
to be a teacher. Subbing can be very trying, I am sure.
I keep sending resumes out but I am getting very little
in return. I am frustrated, but I am more tired and indifferent
than frustrated at this point.

My money's running out. If I want to do things,
pay off some things, go some places, I need to work.

*

Time to shower and get busy living.

No comments: