Friday, October 12, 2007

Part of the kitchen renovation. The counters are not all cluttered now so it looks much better. The corner cabinet is still doorless at the bottom but we will be putting the doors back on. A work island will be built in the center of the kitchen. In the pictures of Molly, you can see the floor.











3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think my livingroom walls are that same color--gold.

LKD said...

I love your kitchen.

Maggie said...

Talia,

I think the color is very similar to yellow ocher. Someone came to the house and asked me why I painted my walls UT orange! They aren't gold and they aren't yellow and they aren't orange, but depending on the time of day, they look like any one of those colors.

I found a serving dish at Bed, Bath, and Beyond and I took it to Lowe's to ask them to match it, so I really don't know the color, but yellow ocher was the first thing that came to mind.

*

Glad you like it, Laurel. Still need to build a work island, move the fridge to the wall where the stove is now and place the stove in the island. That will make the flow much better. I have the design plan ready for the island but no money to do it. It will have a built in wine rack, pull out spice drawers, a pull out for pots and pans and bar seating. My daughter and I designed a mosaic tile top for it that will complement the cobalt on the countertops and include various other colors to enhance the theme of the kitchen (which is not Southwestern exactly and not Tuscan exactly and not even French Modern--it's a blend of styles-it's just put together with the colors and materials I like). Maybe one day I'll work again and be able to finish it.

You can't see the top cabinets, but I left the doors off them and was going to put glassed doors in, but they really look beautiful without the doors. I have some pottery and crystal displayed in them (they're too high up to be functional).