Spent the weekend in Birmingham
with my firend. Loved it there. It is quite
beautiful. I've only driven through Birmingham
on I-65 on my way to Florida.
Her house is on a ridge (or on the mountain).
beautiful place. Rested well and enjoyed
the company.
Took out Wes's CDs and put some of mine
in (not that I don't like some of his but really
needed some of mine).
Lucinda Williams, Emmylou Harris, Neil Young,
Dinah Washington, Billie Holiday, REM...
Listened over and over to Lucinda sing:
Not a day goes by
I don't think about you
You left your mark on me
it's permanent, a tattoo,
pierce the skin and the blood runs through
Oh, my baby
from Car Wheels on A Gravel Road...
I'm too tired to write much today. All around
kind of shitty day that I guess I made an all
around shitty day cuz I make things happen,
right? Not the world, not people, not animals,
not circumstances--just me and what I make
of them, but shitty nonetheless Oh whiner me.
Whine, whine, whine...Give me some wine
wine, wine....
2 comments:
Isn't the Museum of Civil Rights there? I've always wanted to see that.
Yes, it is there, Talia, and I hope to go there the next time I visit my friend. She lives about 12 miles south of Birmingham, but it doesn't take any time to get into the downtown area. We did some shopping and ate some great food, but we just didn't have the time to do anything else.
Post a Comment