Monday, July 07, 2008

Through the shute and into the light


I don't like the heat, but I like being in the water,
so yesterday was great fun. Spent the day at a
water park with my hubby and daughter-in-law.
Son (oldest) stayed home with Isaac--he's not quite
old enough to enjoy the water park. Youngest
had some other things to do, so he didn't go.

I went down one of those enclosed water slides--
big step for me--I am so claustrophobic! It
wasn't bad, but it's kinda creepy going down
through that shute in the darkness. Worst
of all, it was stuffy. But I loved the wave
pool and the open water slides and the lazy
river. Just about fell asleep floating along,
all us looking like a big bowl of Cheerios
in our yellow tubes!

Outside of flipping my tube and going under
when I came out of one of the slides and hitting my head
on the concrete, all was good. I'm so hard-
headed that it wasn't much of a deal.

It was just nice to see people having fun.

People uninibited--walking around
in their bathing suits (it would have
behooved some of them to be a little
bit more inhibited!), people of all ages,
sizes, races--people speaking lots
of languages I didn't understand--
all of them speaking the universal
language of happy.

People just enjoying the day, and it was
a beautiful day. Not too humid, not too
hot, a little bit of a breeze.

I'm tired today. Just working on editing
my friend's son's book and taking it easy--
something I find hard to do most of the time.

*yawn*

No comments: