Thursday morning
Just having a cup of coffee and poking around here.
I have 30 minues before I am supposed to be at work,
and I am still sitting here in my sweats, my hair wet,
no makeup on, etc. But the clinic is only a few miles
from here, and I've been putting is some late nights,
so I'm not gonna get too bent if I'm a little late.
Crisis has its own agenda. Supposed to leave at 5, but if
a call comes in at 4:50 for an assessment, then I have to
stay until that assessment is complete. If that assessment
warrants calling in a clinician for hospitalization, then I
have to wait for them. If they agree with my assessment,
then I have to put a plan in place for hospitalization.
If it's voluntary, it takes time, but it takes much longer
if it's an involuntary hospitalization. That's just the nature
of things.
********************************
I woke from the most wonderful dream I have had in a very
long time. I read somewhere recently that only bores
tell their dreams. Not sure I buy that, as I have read other
people's dreams on their blogs, or I've listened to other people
discuss their dreams, and I don't find them boring. I don't quite
get the significance of them at times, but I don't find them boring.
That being said, mine really was boring!
My first love was in it. We were the age we are now, but we
were acting like 16 and 20 year olds. I remember him smiling
at me, his arms open, and me jumping into his arms, wrapping
my legs around his waist, his cerulean eyes looking
into mine with a reverence and love. We smiled at each other,
he kissed me and said You'll always be my honey-haired, long-
legged, brown-skinned baby. Cheesy, I know, but I woke
feeling the way ya feel when love is so new and so all-consuming.
The way you feel when you know it's never going to end.
Then in the next sequence, a woman I've had some issues with
in the past, appeared. We made our amends. The dream was long
and involved with an Alice in Wonderland sort of quality to it.
But we are friends now. I feel it. What has passed is in the past.
I feel this tremendous burden lifted.
*************************
8:10 and counting. Guess I best go get ready for another day in crisis!
2 comments:
I'm so tired I hardly dream anymore. Burn the midnight oil writing, then exhausted and sleep hard! Keep dreamin good dreams, they are what keep us going!
It was a good dream. It made me feel like a young girl again.
Life was far from worry free when I was young girl, but I had dreams--dreams that are yet to be any more than that.
I guess it's the loss of that youthful wishful thinking that gets me down so often.
I am so tired, with this new job and all the things to learn and life has I have known it for the last two years gone, that I can barely think of anything when I get home except pouring a glass of wine and plopping my ass in a chair.
Emotionally exhausting work. No way around it except to develop a sense of humor--which I so appreciate and see in my coworkers--psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, nurses. But having a sense of humor is perhaps too remote a thing to attain for me.
There was a day (back to that wishful thinking and youthful dream thing) when I had a fairly decent sense of humor. Mostly, I was a smartass, but I was quick on the uptake and witty.
Don't know what happened to that girl!
Post a Comment