Friday, January 02, 2009

I'm so glad

the holidays are over! I enjoy the time with family
and friends but not all the fuss and money spending
and stress. That being said, this holiday season has
been one of the best that I can remember, ever.
Ever. As in going back to being a kid and getting all
excited over my brand new roller skates (with a key),
my jewelery box with a spinning ballerina, my new
plaid big bellbottom pants and blouse. Or the Christmas
I got one of those sit-n-spin thingees.

I don't have many memories from my childhood re:
the holidays. Matter of fact, it's hard to pull up memories
of much of anything from those days except for negative
things.

I would like to be hypnotized and asked some questions.
I would like electrodes attached to my brain and some
kind of tape recorder which could interpret brain waves
into words just to know some of the shit that's in there.

Don't know what I'd do with all the things I found out
or what purpose it would serve, but it seems to me I have lost
some part of me, which I desperately need to know about,
in the process of losing or not being able to retrieve those
memories.

**************************

Need to go get dressed. Back to work today. I was on call
on New Year's Eve, but only called out once, and it was
rather early. I was back home by 9, but it took an hour
(round trip) to get there and another hour to get someone
to transport the individual I assessed. By the time I got in
(I had worked all day and been very busy), I wasn't up to
making the hors de oeuvres, but maybe I'll do that tonight.
Daughter and boyfriend are coming to start working on the
hallway. I finally got all of the wallpaper stripped off. I just need
to come home and wash the walls down.

My friend from Atlanta may come as well.

The more the merrier!

Then hubby and I have a party to go to tomorrow night. It's
a rare thing for us to go out, but he really enjoys talking to my
friend's dad (they are close to the same age and enjoy many
of the same things), so he's all for going. Of course, my friend
is 20 years younger than me, which makes me close to her
mom's age, and I like her mom, but I love A and we're on the same
wavelength for the most part. It seems weird at times to have
a friend who is the same age as my oldest child.

*************************************

My thought for the day:

"We keep passing unseen through little moments of other people's lives."

Robert Pirsig

No comments: