Saturday, September 04, 2021

Response to a comment on FB about the show Succession

 Oh, if only these things were as civil and easy as this clip. A slap, a punch, a fall down on the floor. *sigh* When I was 15 and my sister was 14, she was trying to get into the one and only bathroom that 2 adults and 4 teenagers shared, we got into a shove match. We both ended up doing more than shoving. She ended up on the floor with blood coming from the corner of her mouth and a dislocated shoulder. Not from me. The blood was from her braces, and the shoulder got dislocated when she threw her arm back to hit me. An ambulance came. She went to the hospital. The police came. They questioned me. They questioned her. My parents were put in separate rooms at the hospital and questioned. My sister was so pissed off that she ended up with her arm in a cast because she would not get to cheer at homecoming. Yeah. 2021 update: My mother died on March 5th, 2021. My sister hasn't spoken to me since November 2018 because I am a liberal snowflake. My youngest brother will not respond to any requests for his answer to the full price offer on my mother's home (I am administrator for the estate--house can't be sold unless all 5 siblings say they agree to the offer--he simply refuses to answer his phone, respond to text messages or emails, and that would be from me, the attorney, and the realtor. I don't think my story would be nearly as entertaining if it were a "made-for-TV" program or movie. It is a living nightmare. *sigh* I may watch this show just to see how some fairly normal siblings get along. That would be nice to see!

No comments: