Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Obviously I am not very dedicated to my blog! I had this idea that I would come here and vent or create or share or just jot down the thoughts swirling around in my head, but when I have the time to write, I don't much feeling like writing, and when I feel like writing, I am not near a computer or don't want to make the effort to log on, etc. I'm reading Douglas Adams' Salmon of Doubt. He mentioned that The Blind Watchmaker was one of the most influential books he had ever read. I have not read it, but I think I'll go in search of it and see what I think. Just finished reading The Joy Luck Club. It was ok. Finished Lolita last month and the new Harry Potter. I have my thoughts about Lolita but don't feel like getting into them this morning. It is the first day of school today. My youngest started his first year of high school. In 3 weeks, my daughter leaves for Ireland. She will be there for a year to complete her MA in Modern English Lit. I am excited, but I am also a bit sad. It is hard for me to think of her being so far away. Some days I feel like I am caught up in this tremendous whirlwind and things are spinning so fast, I can't possibly get my bearings and I can't make anything slow down. How is it that I can be 46? Enough for this day!

1 comment:

jz said...

so what are your thoughts on Lolita? When I read it, many moons ago, I loved it - was one of my favorite books. I read other Nabokov books, and they never seemed to measure up to Lolita. I guess I need to read it again.