Forsythia...
is in bloom all over this town...I just love that word...forsythia...and I love the plant. It looks so spindly and ragged all year, but come spring, it outshines every other plant that's beginning to bloom.
Forsythia, anemome, sycamore, peony, lavendar, honeysuckle...those are just words I love to speak and read and think about...what are some others? Hmmmm....caramel, tangerine, marmalade...
I really was going to write something about all the roadkill I passed on the way to class last night. Bad, bad couple of days for lots of four-legged creatures and some web-footed ones as well. On a 19 miles stretch of road, I passed 3 dead deer, 1 huge Canadian Goose, 3 skunks, a red-talied fox, so many squirrels I lost count, a duck, at least 3 oppossums, 2 raccoons, and 2 rabbits. It was just almost too much to think about.
I do have a roadkill poem running through my head, but it's going to have to wait.
Time to go get Wes from school and then get back to work and get some work done! Busy, busy time of year in this office. Summer school starts before too long, I have at least 25 students graduating from various programs, I have more folks coming in to see me to determine their eligibiity for training assistance, one of our local factories announced that they are closing and laying off over 300 hundred people so we'll be doing all we can to help them, and a new plant is going to be opening some time this summer and will be taking applications for positions in 2 weeks--so...busy, busy, busy.
No comments:
Post a Comment