Thursday, July 20, 2006

Tough decision to make today.



Asked for a meeting with my supervisor. My co-worker
was not getting her job done, so guess what? She got promoted and I
get her caseload (which will put my case load over 150
in active case management). Not right and not fair.
Not fair to the customers and not fair to me--the competent,
caring, and better employee. But, who said life is fair?
I just know I have to stand up for me. There comes a day
when enough is enough. Today may be that day. And I realize
it's going to be dfficult to make it without my salary and I'll
have to find health insurance, but I've been cornered here
and will not feel helpless to defend myself. May the force
be with me!!!!!

5 comments:

jz said...

tough decision -- but better to confront than to be unhappy. How long have you been working there?

Maggie said...

6 years. Before that,4 years with the Board of Education, so that's 20 altogether in the same retirement system.

The meeting went worse than I expected. I am going to make some calls about insurance and retirement and think very seriously about putting in my notice.

I really like my customers and enjoy what I do, jz...I just don't play these little office game thingees...I am not a suck-up. And I am weary of being treated like an imbecile. Bad, bad supervisor,but other than her, the job is rewarding.

Much for me to ponder...

It's always good to find you here, jz...I miss you.

Hope your day goes well, and even if you did pay for your night of dancing, by golly you go dance every time you get a chance!
Love,
M

Maggie said...

That should have said 14 years with the Board of Ed

jz said...

I've never been at any one job for longer that 6 or 7 years -- which is how long I've been at my current one -- and been thinking about a change.

I'm still dancing.

jz

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»