Dante decided
he'd had enough of Molly (he decides that every
time he comes in contact with her, but tonight
he was particularly adamant), and so he struck
her several times, but Molly kept coming back for more,
so, I grabbed Molly's paws and we started dancing.
I was already singing
I'm Henry the Eighth I am, Henry the 8th
blah, blah, blah, blah
was stuck in my head
had just watched a show on PBS about Atlantic
Records (no Herman's Hermits but somebody,
some song, some person on there got me started
on Henry)
so Molly and I danced and Dante hissed and I kept
singing and I opened the door and let Dante out
and kept dancing with Molly
and then realized I had more clothes to do
and a light bulb to replace (above the sink--high
up--I hate to do it but I asked and didn't get
any takers)
and so I changed it and Molly and I danced
some more until I had to go work
and Wes is practicing guitar--I love it, love it
I have requests all ready for him--he's working
on a few--some CCR
and I folded a load and started a load and put another
in the dryer
and damn if I didn't fix an ass-kicking good salad
tonight--a Rachael Ray 30 minute meals special
1 head romaine, washed and chopped
1/2 red onion, sliced thin
4-5 radishes, sliced thin
2 red delicious apples, cored, seeded and sliced thin
sprinkled with the juice of one lemon
mix that stuff together
(just trying to remember here)
In a bowl, mix together:
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup EVOO (extra virgin olive oil--learn the lingo)
whisk that together
then add 1/2 cup sour cream, 1 tsp poppy seed and 2
tbsp (I think) chopped fresh dill. Mix well.
I may be wrong about some of the measurements.
Been wrong before. But I think that's right.
Pour the dressing over the salad. Mix. Serve. Eat.
And eat, and eat, and eat. It was so good!
I crashed at 7:30 last night. I can't sleep tonight.
I'll be paying for this big time tomorrow.
Yikes.
3 comments:
That sounds like an interesting salad, you know, I have never been able to do the mixing the fruit thing in with my lettuce and stuff like that. I feel very silly, young, uncultured, what have you, but just can't seem to eat strawberries, apples, mandarin oranges, pears, in the same bites as I eat lettuce, carrots, and salad dressing.
It was wonderful--you should try it. Only good that night though (doesn't keep--gets soggy).
Last night was Thai night and it was yum! Green curried chicken with coconut jasmine rice.
Overcast here this morning, which certainly fits my mood.
I had that coconut rice and Thai chicken when I was England, and I have to admit that I'm American through and through.
Post a Comment