Five songs that knock my socks off--I think
that's how jz put it. These are the first five off the top
of my head, but I know I'll think of five more that
mean just as much as soon as I post this.
Already I am thinking of one that is not on this
list--Janis Joplin--Ball & Chain. Save that for
another list!
Lou Reed--Perfect Day
Bob Dylan--Tangled up in Blue/Idiot Wind/ Buckets of Rain (too many Dylan favorites!)
Nina Simone--Lilac Wine
Jeff Buckley--Hallelujah
Leonard Cohen--Famous Blue Raincoat
2 comments:
Good list -- I hads thought of several Lou songs I might put on my list -- and several L. Cohen songs too.
Just listened to some Lou and Cohen today.
And, Nirvana. All Apologies and Jesus Don't Want Me For A Sunbeam (most of Unplugged I love)
And hey, how about some Vivaldi and Mozart and Thelonius Monk and John Coltrane and Miles Davis and the list goes on and on.
Muddy Waters, Buddy Guy, Robert Johnson...on and on...so much good music.
Post a Comment