I recall hearing "Doll Parts" right before he died and thinking that it sounded like the loneliest, most mournful song I'd ever heard.
Then he went and did what he did...and it was like she wrote the song and sang the song knowing that he would end his life, their life in that awful way.
Thanks for posting this video, M. If I saw it way back when, back when videos were actually played on VH1 and MTV, I've forgotten the images.
Damn shame she went and got a nose job. She had such a distinctive face.
I used to want to be here.
A mouth that could wail and roar until it was raw.
I am the girl you know Cant look you in the eye I am the girl you know so sick I cannot try I am the one you want Cant look you in the eye I am the girl you know I lie and lie and lie Im miss world Somebody kill me Kill me pills No one cares my friends My friend Im miss worlds Watch me break And watch me burn No one is listening My friends Now Ive made my bed Ill lie in it Ive made my bed Ill die in it Ive made my bed Ill lie in it Ive made my bed Ill die in it Kill girls watch When I eat ether Suck me under Maybe forever My friends I made my bed Ill lie in it I made my bed Ill die in it I made my bed Ill die in it I made my bed Ill cry in it I made my bed Ill die in it I made my bed Ill die in it I made my bed Ill cry in it My friends I am the girl you know Cant look you in the eye
My brother would make tapes for me from a radio station in Louisville that played mostly alt/indie stuff-stuff I couldn't hear around this town. I knew immediately I had to have the CD. I haven't enjoyed any other Hole CDs, though. I don't think they could make one any better than Live Through This.
I agree about the nose job. She already looked great. Did you see her in The People Vs. Larry Flint? She did a great job in that film.
I am using the new blogger, and I couldn't post anything from YouTube at first either. I kept fooling around on the YouTube page until I figured out how to get re-established, but I really don't remember how I did it.
6 comments:
Wow! That brough me back. I think my mom has a video of me and my friend Amanda banging our heads to that song. Glory days.
Saw Courtney shortly after Kurt's death and she kicked ass. Loved the concert and still listen to Live Through This often.
I love this damned song.
Actually, I love the whole damned album.
I recall hearing "Doll Parts" right before he died and thinking that it sounded like the loneliest, most mournful song I'd ever heard.
Then he went and did what he did...and it was like she wrote the song and sang the song knowing that he would end his life, their life in that awful way.
Thanks for posting this video, M. If I saw it way back when, back when videos were actually played on VH1 and MTV, I've forgotten the images.
Damn shame she went and got a nose job. She had such a distinctive face.
I used to want to be here.
A mouth that could wail and roar until it was raw.
Her.
I used to want to be HER.
Sigh.
Can't type worth a damn lately.
Oh, and hey, Maggie...
are you using the new blogger or the old blogger?
Ever since I migrated my account over to the new blogger, I can't post videos on my blog.
I was wondering if you'd run into that same problem.
Laurel,
The first Hole song I heard was Miss World:
I am the girl you know
Cant look you in the eye
I am the girl you know so sick
I cannot try
I am the one you want
Cant look you in the eye
I am the girl you know
I lie and lie and lie
Im miss world
Somebody kill me
Kill me pills
No one cares my friends
My friend
Im miss worlds
Watch me break
And watch me burn
No one is listening
My friends
Now Ive made my bed Ill lie in it
Ive made my bed Ill die in it
Ive made my bed Ill lie in it
Ive made my bed Ill die in it
Kill girls watch
When I eat ether
Suck me under
Maybe forever
My friends
I made my bed Ill lie in it
I made my bed Ill die in it
I made my bed Ill die in it
I made my bed Ill cry in it
I made my bed Ill die in it
I made my bed Ill die in it
I made my bed Ill cry in it
My friends
I am the girl you know
Cant look you in the eye
My brother would make tapes for me from a radio station in Louisville that played mostly alt/indie stuff-stuff I couldn't hear around this town. I knew immediately I had to have the CD. I haven't enjoyed any other Hole CDs, though. I don't think they could make one any better than Live Through This.
I agree about the nose job. She already looked great. Did you see her in The People Vs. Larry Flint? She did a great job in that film.
I am using the new blogger, and I couldn't post anything from YouTube at first either. I kept fooling around on the YouTube page until I figured out how to get re-established, but I really don't remember how I did it.
Post a Comment