Crazy dream night
I spent a long time typing out my dreams from last night
and lost the post. Don't have the energy to retype the dreams,
but I will go look at these creatures who appeared and try
to see what they mean as totem:
bears (in more than one dream), spiders (in more than one dream),
a wolf, an eagle, moths, worms, crickets.
Damn, I needed to print that post. My father was in two of the dreams.
I was killed in one of them but rewound the scene to be sure I didn't
die. The world was covered in snow. All the buildings made of snow.
There was a telephone and a ruse. A spiderweb and a dream catcher.
A strange game with spiders puncturing your flesh if you made a mistake.
Oh well, maybe I'm not supposed to remember these dreams.
*****************************
What does the spider archetype mean in dreams? According to http://www.thecrypt.ca/realm/divin/dreamd_s.shtml, dreams about spiders mean that, "The spider is usually symbolic of an unkind and sneaky individual. Are you the spider building a web, or are you being dragged into one? A spider's web represent[s] entanglement and the general complexities of life. Depending on the details of the dream, it could also be symbolic of a smothering individual in your daily life." In my own spider dreams, I don't find this to be the case. Usually, they are more consistent with Carl Jung's interpretation (also from thecrypt.ca), "a symbol of wholeness due to its circular shape. He called circular symbols 'mandalas' and said that they had valuable meaning for the dreamer. The spider and his web may be calling for an integration of the dream[er]'s personality leading to greater self-awareness and resulting in feelings of completeness. Therefore, the spider and his web may be considered profound and spiritual dream symbols which call for greater self-understanding and encourage us to derive meaning and satisfaction from the intricate framework and interplay of life." Spiders, to me, have represented a deepening of a sense of connection to the world, a physical and psychological symbol of the "string theory" of quantum mechanics. Everything is, in some way, connected.
No comments:
Post a Comment