Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Jackson 5



Remember watching this.
Back in the day when everyone was innocent and all things were just rock and roll songs. The day he died, I was driving someone I cared a great deal about to a psychiatric hospital in another state. My grief over his death took a back seat to my immediate concern for that loved one. The hospitalization lasted for some time, and there was no time for grieving childhood idols. Michael's legacy is a troubling one. I do not know if he did what he has been accused of doing, but it looks likely that he was sexually inappropriate with young boys. To say Michael was the first victim does not minimize the pain he inflicted, if he did, indeed, inflict the sexually inappropriate acts on these young boys. Pedophilia is a sickness that destroys so many lives. It has been ten years. I remember my fear driving that night, a celebrity's death nowhere on my radar. I found out later that Farrah Fawcett died that same day. When we are in the midst of living, we do. We act. We go. We drive. We listen. We are fearful. We are hopeful. We are so very very very worried. All that being said, I do want to say that I felt Michael was my playmate many times as a child. I loved listening to him sing ABC and Rockin Robin. It took me away from my own pain.

No comments: