Wednesday, February 12, 2020

My post on Wannabe Nature Photographer Site tonight

January-February 10th, 2011 Revisited.
Oh, how pictures do tell stories. Many times we forget days and moments. I have been becoming more and more disenchanted with social media and with people only communicating via those networks, but I realize that sometimes, all we have now is this connection. Many people we know don't share our interests or values or hobbies or endeavors. I see the value, and I appreciate it for what it means. This site has opened up the larger world of being one with nature to me. I love looking at all of the pictures of all of you out there in the natural world loving the creatures and flora and fauna. I stopped posting on my FB page but love coming here to see the beauty unfolding around the globe and so appreciate every person sharing what they see. I am thinking of Jim Croce tonight. Photographs and memories. And, Deja Vu. Hope everyone is enjoying their evening or making the most of what they can. Sometimes, that is as good as it gets.
Oh, by the way, I had to throw in the Molly pic. That's her in the Highlander in her relatively young age and the Highlander's relatively young age (we got the Highlander in October, 2005 and Molly in February 2007). We have been driving the Highlander since October 2005. I cannot begin to tell you of all of her adventures, and if she could talk, I am sure her stories might rival mine in terms of a life's journey. It is hard for me to let her go, but we will pick up our new (2019) Toyota Highlander Friday. I am sure many people find it silly to have emotional attachments to a vehicle, but this vehicle of mine has been with me through so many happy and mournful times and journeys. From the loss of my father and loss of a job to bringing Molly home with us at 7 weeks. To sandy beaches and the mountains. To hospitals where loved one's lives were ebbing and hospitals where new, wondrous beautiful lives were coming into this world. To poetry readings and nature walks and zoos and museums. To the voting booth and the homeless shelters and funerals and psychiatric hospitals and workplace trainings and the homes of family and friends and my clients. To parking garages and parking lots and fields in the middle of nowhere and wineries and obscure little art galleries. To work and home and home and work and visiting places and home. To teaching my youngest to drive and driving the oldest grandbaby many places.
For those who stayed with this very long post, thank you. I posted some nature pics and said what I wanted to say, and I thank you for reading and looking at the pics.

No comments: