Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Wednesday the twelfth of February

I had to look up the spelling for twelfth.  That's quite unacceptable.  There was a day I could spell anything.  But, that's not what this post is about.  I am starting the morning with gratitude.

I am grateful to be alive.
I am grateful for my children and grandchildren.
I am grateful for my Molly.
I am grateful for my home.

I ma grateful for all involved in getting food to me. This includes the farmer who grew the grain or crop or who tends to the cattle, chickens, hogs, and lambs.  Grateful for the person who catches the fish. Grateful for the workers who harvest the crops, catch the fish, take the livestock or fowl to be prepared for human consumption. Grateful to the butcher for handling those creatures with care. Grateful for the men and women who drive the trucks or pilot the planes or captain the ships that transport the food to the next stop where the next person inspects the food, sorts the good from the bad, and packages the food to move to the next stop. Grateful for the grocer who checks the food again and puts it on the shelf. Grateful for a means to travel to the grocery to get my food. Grateful for the animal whose life is lost that I may continue to live (which makes me think I need to be a vegetarian). Grateful for the abundance of fruits and vegetables available. Grateful for grains and dairy.  Grateful for things I need to use less of--paper towels, plastics--and to have an awareness that I need to find concerted ways to use less of them.

Grateful that I can breathe even though I am stopped up (like usual) and my eyes are watering constantly (likely dander and mold allergic response).

I am still morbidly obese and feel very uncomfortable in this body, but I am alive and my grandchildren love me like I am. 

I remain hopeful that one day I will not be a fat person.

Goals for today:
Clean the living room and kitchen (dust, sweep, mop)
Trim the plants
Clean the bathroom
Put my clothes away
Read
Play solitaire
Go outside (in between downpours)

No comments: