Thursday, July 08, 2021

2014 post about my coworkers

 I have said this before, but before I go to bed this night, I want to say it again. Work brought me together with everyone you can see in these pictures, but the bonds of friendship we have forged have made us family. I don't talk about work here, but I want to tell you something--these are the people you want in your corner. We all work in community mental health, and we all know how vital it is to have others who share the passion of that work and who understand the ups and downs and how much we need each other to continue to give those we meet each day the best we possibly can. Knowing these co-workers and friends makes all the difference. I am grateful for each and every one of them and for getting to know and love their children. I am the "old" one at work, but I don't mind. I never think of myself as their mother. I am friend and camarade. I have children older than most of them. I don't mother them, and they don't look at me in that way. I have my children and grandson, and I embrace that love every day. But, I so love having such amazing people to share many of my waking hours with, and I love having their children here. I am happy, and this old house rejoices with their energy and spirit. I love you guys.

No comments: