Thursday, May 04, 2006

Just a few things I don't want to forget...

the gray, very nondescript bird that kept trying to get into my car on the Wednesday after Dad's funeral (4/26--I was at my mom's). The next day, it tried to get into Daddy's new car and then into his old car.
The next day when I came back, it kept trying to get in my car again. We saw it for several days, but it hasn't returned the last few times I've been over to Mom's.

On Friday, as I was leaving town to take my sister and niece back to the airport, my niece noticed 2 dogs that were on the side of the parkway looking like they were going to try to run across the southbound lanes of the parkway. We turned around, parked off the shoulder, and coereced the dogs up on the bank further away from the parkway. They had a phone number on their callers, so we got in touch with the owners and they came to get them. Beagles...2 older beagles. Last night, I dreamed of beagles and other things.

In one dream, some time of rocket was launched and then it exploded in space. In a very few minutes, a whole crowd of people was cheering for the three people who had parachuted out of the rocket--it was some kind of stunt--one of the people was my eldest brother. I was walking up to greet them as they landed on a roof. He had on his khakis and striped cotton shirt and he had his camera around his neck. He didn't look like someone who had just rocketed down to earth.


I am not handling my father's death very well at all. It is so difficult to be back at work. I cry myself to sleep every night. It was just so hard to watch him mistreated in the hospital. That's what I keep seeing--the way he was humiliated and debased. I want to keep seeing him on that Tuesday night when he looked so good and was ready to come home. The doctor said he was going to release him on Thursday, but by 10:58 that night, Dad was gone. I just can't believe it. I am just having such a hard time and I am missing him so. My heart is breaking.

No comments: