Sunday, July 02, 2006

The second day of the seventh month

Dad has been gone for 2 1/2 months.
I can't get to my blog at work any longer (the state
blocked all blogs and poetry forums).

Bloody nose last night. I started crying
and then it started bleeding.

Lauren left for Mexico Friday. She called
last night from Ciudad Victoria--not where
she was hoping to be but the bus they were going
to take to Mexico City will not run until tonight,
so I guess they'll see what they can do in C.V.
(she, Sadie, Ryan, and Santana).

Father-in-law is recovering well from his quadruple
bypass (had it Thursday). Heart attack on Father's Day.

I will finish my first summer class this Wed. The next
one starts on the 11th. One more in the fall and my undergrad
work will be done (only took me 20 years!).

Much more to say but my omelet is ready and the sun
is shining, so I am going to eat and then go lie out in the sun.

4 comments:

jz said...

better late than never....

it took me many years to get my undergrad degree (and several major changes) -- my son just informed us that he was changing his major (from music comp. to film)-- at first i was a little pissed (2 years of school wasted) -- but then i remembered how i was at his age...

anyhoo -- is it as hot where you are as it is here?

Maggie said...

I know better late than ever...trouble is I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. I really waned to major in English but couldn't take classes during the day and work full-time, and I really do like helping people, so maybe I'll follow my plan for grad school and get my social work degree. That or Mental Health counseling.

Lauren changed her major, too, but I think she made the right choice. Won't some of your son's classes transfer? Where is he going to school?

It's been terribly hot here. Didn't lie out in the sun too long the other day, but then the rains came last night and this morning and cooled things off a bit.

I feel so lonely, jz. Can't shake the sadness. Can't pick up the phone to call anyone about it either. What can they say to make things any better?

I miss the manic me, but I was a disaster waiting to happen at all times then.

I miss my dad. I would so like to hear his voice.

How are you?

jz said...

i am ok -- busy. Feeling old. I went to a show the other night -- in the parking lot of a local tavern -- Sam Bush. And I stood and swayed and danced for about 4 hours. The next day, my calves were so tight and sore I could hardly walk -- even now, 3 days later, I'm gimpy.

Dylan is going to the North Carolina School of the Arts -- if he ends up going to the film program at the same school, he might be able to transfer a few credits. But their programs are very focused on the major from the very start, that basically he'll have to go for another 4 years -- plus this coming year (since he didn't make the decision until it was too late to get into the program)

Other than all of that, everything is hunky-dory.

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»