Thursday, January 18, 2007





















Hey Laurel, you remember the pictures of leaves you sent me?
I plan to place it on the wall by the French doors (behind
the really sick looking ficus, which is doing much better
I might add). In one of the pics, you can see Oreo, my
black and white feline friend. In the other, you can see
Dante, the old boy. The colors aren't as vibrant on the scan as they really
are and I have changed some things
(brought in more sage green and gold accents). Thought
you'd enjoy seeing the room. It's painted merlot. I am going to send your pic
to my sister as she has the know-how and capability
of enlarging it. I think it's just perfect for my livingroom!

3 comments:

Maggie said...

Hey Laurel...the first shot, the wall with the white door comes closest to the color. The light makes them look chocolate in the rest of the pic, but they are a lovely merlot.

Anonymous said...

Wow. What a beautiful room!

Kinda cool how you caught the cats strolling through.

I like your color scheme. Alot.

And it's really lovely to see you, too, finally. I never had any idea what you looked like. Funny thing is, you look like who you are online. Kindhearted. Happy (despite your grief).

When was the photo taken?

Maggie said...

Hey Laurel!

The cats are always hanging around me and curious about any and everything I am doing, so there they were when I was taking the pictures.

I think this picture of me was taken about 2 or 3 years ago. I think I was about half s***-faced but happy. You know I can't remember where I was and even the room in the pic gives me no clues, but I am thinking my brother took it at my mom's house.

I am going to take an updated one soon with my son's digital camera and see if I can figure out how to get it here.

Glad you like the livingroom. I think it turned out beautifully. Had to live here 16 years to get it done!

Just got back from Bloomington, IN. I went to see The Chieftains. More about that to come on the blog.

I can't wait to see what my sis can do with the leaves. I know it will turn out to be an amazing piece for that wall.