Wednesday, February 14, 2007

It's bitter cold here with snow flurries, but that's all.

Molly did very well last night. She crashed around 9
(and so did I). I heard her whimpering around midnight
but she went back to sleep. Ditto at 3. Then I woke at 4:30
or so and thought Oh my, Molly. You're bladder is probably
about to bust. So, I got up, got my pants, socks, shoes
and jacket on and went in the livingroom to get her.
She was still sleeping but woke easily and I could tell
she really needed to go potty. So I said Outside and her tail
wagged and I wrapped her up and we went out and
she did her business (9 degrees this morning with the
wind chill).

She ate and played for over an hour then she got sleepy
and we crashed on the couch. I got up, put her in her crate,
made the coffee, packed Wes's lunch and went back to bed
for 45 minutes. She's still sleeping, so I think I'll try to read
the paper.

Concerned that Wes is going to have to have surgery again.
One part of the incision has never healed and it's been 5 months.

*sigh*

He's been really great about it all. I am very frustrated.

I don't think his surgeon did anything wrong. I think it's
just one of those things that happen to some people. I just
want my son to not have to go through this discomfort
every day, and if it takes another surgery to take care of the incision,
and get him 100% healed, then we'll absolutely have to do it and will do it.

2 comments:

LKD said...

Do you have an old-fashioned clock, one that ticks, wrapped up in a blanket in her bed?

Years ago, when our beloved family dog, Tootsie was just a puppy, she'd cry at night because she was so young and missed her mom and littermates. The clock trick works. It calmed her right down. I guess it's supposed to mimic a heartbeat which the puppies find comforting since they'd otherwise be all nestled in a pile of mom and puppies.

Picture, lady. I wanna see a picture of Molly.

Oh, and hey, I hope your son's okay and that this latest surgery solves the problem.

Is Wes short for Weston?

Maggie said...

I read that about the clocks. She is doing very well but it may make her feel more comfy with a clock. I might have to invest in one. She's asleep on the couch right now. She loves to get up there on a very soft--almost like cashmere-- green blanket and crash.

Pictures coming soon. I can't find my camera, so the only one I have here is a disposable that still has about 17 pics left on it. I'm going to take more of her today and then go get the film developed.

Wes is short for Wesley. Wesley Harrison.

I wish there was something I could do that would work to get this place to heal, but I really feel that he made need another surgery. What a bummer for him. He had a pilonidal cyst excision. Those are right on your ass, so you can imagine what he's been going through. And how do you tell your buds about your pain in the ass cyst that is literally a pain in the ass?

He has really kept his good humor through all of this. Mine would have been gone months ago.

I love your snow pics! Lucky you. We have flurries today--that's it. Bitter cold and flurries.