If I can find another video she's been in, I'll post it. You can definitely see her face in that one though I must confess the focus is on her derriere! I have it saved somewhere. If she gets to do one more video, she'll get her SAG card, which would be cool.
It is a rather strange video, but then again, Chan Marshall (Cat Power) is a rather strange person. My daughter and I went to see her several years ago at a place in Nashville called The End. She was excellent. She has a covers CD that you may want to download and listen to. She covers some Stones, Dylan, and other traditional songs.
This video aired on MTV Subterranean videos. The other one was on CMT (County Music Television). I'll look for it now. Glad you enjoyed. I think it's a good song.
SAG is an acronym for Screen Actor's Guild. If she gets her card, she'll have an opportunity to get better pay and better choices. She lives in Nashville and knows quite a few people in the recording industry (indie/alt music mainly). She is in her boyfriend's band (The Mattoid) as lead singer. Professionally, she is a children's counselor in a domestic violence shelter in N'ville and is working on her Master's of Science in Social Work.
She's quite beautiful and incredibly talented and bright. She's also just an amazing human being.
You can listen to a few songs from The Mattoid's new CD here:
http://cdbaby.com/cd/mattoid2
I will post a number from one of their shows (from YouTube), but my daughter would kill me if she knew I posted this video. Her voice and the band were quite off that night, but I still think they rock.
If you ilsten to the actual recording, they sound much better (as is often the case).
5 comments:
I like the song but the video is so strange. Really? That's your daughter? Too bad we can't see her face.
If I can find another video she's been in, I'll post it. You can definitely see her face in that one though I must confess the focus is on her derriere! I have it saved somewhere. If she gets to do one more video, she'll get her SAG card, which would be cool.
It is a rather strange video, but then again, Chan Marshall (Cat Power) is a rather strange person. My daughter and I went to see her several years ago at a place in Nashville called The End. She was excellent. She has a covers CD that you may want to download and listen to. She covers some Stones, Dylan, and other traditional songs.
This video aired on MTV Subterranean videos. The other one was on CMT (County Music Television). I'll look for it now. Glad you enjoyed. I think it's a good song.
Guess what? The video is no longer available, but who knows, it may show up again at some point.
What is a SAG card? And how is that your daughter is in videos? Does she do this sort of thing for a living?
SAG is an acronym for Screen Actor's Guild. If she gets her card, she'll have an opportunity to get better pay and better choices. She lives in Nashville and knows quite a few people in the recording industry (indie/alt music mainly). She is in her boyfriend's band (The Mattoid) as lead singer. Professionally, she is a children's counselor in a domestic violence shelter in N'ville and is working on her Master's of Science in Social Work.
She's quite beautiful and incredibly talented and bright. She's also just an amazing human being.
You can listen to a few songs from The Mattoid's new CD here:
http://cdbaby.com/cd/mattoid2
I will post a number from one of their shows (from YouTube), but my daughter would kill me if she knew I posted this video. Her voice and the band were quite off that night, but I still think they rock.
If you ilsten to the actual recording, they sound much better (as is often the case).
Post a Comment