Walking again, though without much oomph or uumph or whatever it is. Without much enthusiasm!
Molly and I go every day to the track. She only makes
it about 3/4 of a mile, then she lies down in the shade
and waits for me to finish. She can still be a major
pain in the ass, but she's also a good puppy (well,
she's a busy puppy and she sometimes lets you
pet her without trying to play bite, so that's good).
She got stung by a bee yesterday and one side
of her face swelled up. I was upset and not sure what to do
so I called the vet. He said to give her 50 mg of benadryl
That seemed to do the trick. The mommy side of me
sure did come out when I saw her swollen face.
She's a 50 pound 5 month old, and she likes to chew
things (like my furniture) and jump on people
and all sorts of other obnoxious things (one of her
favorite things to do is to go get a big drink
of water and come drool all over my legs and arms--
yuck!).
*
Reading Wise Blood. Also reading a Hirshfield book--
Nine Gates: Entering the Mind of Poetry, I think is the name.
It contains essays about poetry. Interesting thus far.
*
Mowed the yard today. Now need to do some more
weeding. Worked in the yard all day yesterday.
Planted my annuals. My perennials are doing great.
*
Went to see Pirates of the Caribbean Thursday--disappointed.
Saw Mr. Brooks yesterday with a friend. Not my kind of film
but it was ok. She likes crimes stories and gruesome stuff--
like Silence of the Lambs. Not for me. But, it was an ok
film that didn't creep me out too much. It seemed like a major
stretch to think there would be a serial killer with the status
and character this guy had, but then I have to think about the
charmers like Ted Bundy. I'd just rather not think about
that stuff.
*
My mind is so full of thoughts I want to come here and write
or go to my journal and write, but I just can't bring myself
to do it. I need to do it. I need some catharsis. I need
to unload some of this baggage I am carrying around.
Maybe I'll get to it soon.
3 comments:
I hope you do get to that writing...I need some inspiration (as well as time) to do that also.
hi maggie --
just wanted to say hello and see how you are doing
Wise Blood is a good book -- my kids liked the new Pirate movie, but they aren't very critical as long as there is action and good effects and a little humor.
I hope I can start writing too, Talia. I need to.
More importantly, jz, how are you? I read an entry on your blog about your health. I know you know what you need to do and i hope you can find the strength to do so.
I know what I need to do but just don't have any willpower to do it.
Wise Blood is good. I read it a long time ago and didn't remember many details. Flannry O'Connor's work scares me, as it should, I think. Sometimes her genius is too much for me to take.
I am ok. Tired all the time. Try to walk and work in the yard and find things that make me happy, but I have to acknowledge that I am very depressed. Certainly there are situational reasons for the depression, but it takes its toll, situational or chronic.
Thanks for thinking about me, mr zola.
Post a Comment