Life is Sweet, Cont.
and it is....I am a grandmother!
Isaac Zachariah Brown
7 lbs 10 oz
21 inches long
DOB: 7/09/07
He is a beautiful boy. Right now, those are the only
words I can offer. I am simply filled with joy. Babies
have a way of doing that to me!
He and mommy are doing well and should go home
today. I'm going back to see him next weekend.
I made it to the hospital in time Monday (3 hour drive
from here) for his birth and got to hold him that evening
and yesterday before coming back home. He's so small
and soft and snuggly!
Gotta see if I can find a particular John Lennon video
to post.
5 comments:
Congratulations, Maggie!
Your good news makes me smile.
What a helluva great name your grandson has.
It is such wonderful news! I just can't believe I can be old enough to be a grandmother! Of course, I started my family at a young age ( I was 19 when I had Christopher). He'll be 29 this summer.
I think his name is pretty cool--very old testament. Love the initials--IZB--sounds like some kind of sports car.
My husband is a race car driver (on the circuit--Indy, Memphis, Orlando, Rockingham, Chicago etc.). He's NHRA--not NASCAR. The baby was born at 3:27. The motor in his car is a 327, which really thrilled him even more--to have a grandson and to have him born at a time that matched his motor (his second wife is that race car!).
Thanks, Laurel, for your congrats. Now help me think of a grandmother name. Don't want to be called granny or mamaw--yikes! As I have Cherokee, Crowe, and Blackfoot Indian in my blood, I was thinking of a name to honor that heritage. I came across a few that I liked. Here are a few of them and what they mean:
MAUSI: plucks flowers
ADSILA: Cherokee name meaning blossom."
ALGOMA: valley of flowers
MAGENA: moon
MIKA: intelligent raccoon
MOSI: Navajo name meaning "cat."
MUNA: Hopi name meaning overflowing spring."
NADIE: Algonquin name meaning wise."
Of course, he'll end up calling me what he does, but he's more likely to learn whatever name his parents say to him.
Maybe Mimi or Nonna or Grammy. I don't know!
Blackfoot?
Me too. My grandmother's mother was a Blackfoot.
I like Muna.
Because, he'll think he's calling you Moona. Which is kind of lovely, really. My grandma, the moon.
Your comment about being too young to be a grandmother reminded me of that scene in Terms of Endearment when Shirley McClaine's flirting with Jack Nicholson and then her daughter's station wagon pulls into the driveway and her grandson flies out of the car exlaming:
Gramma! Gramma! Gramma!
And Shirley's face just falls.
Muna.
Which one do you like?
Meanwhile, your hub's a racecar driver. Damn. I had no idea.
I've always been rather fond of the Polish word for grandmother:
Babcia (prounounced: Bahp-kah)
I am leaning toward Mosi or Nadie, but I like Muna. I like that a lot.
I love! Terms of Endearment and have to watch it every time I see that it is on. Remember when Emma first moved and her first born is saying bye to his grandma and he says: Goodbye Mrs. Greenway!" Cracks me up. Her mom refused to be called grandma. And that scene in the driveway was so funny.
Muna...I like it. Mika too. And Mosi (I do love my kitties so). Hey, maybe I should be Molly! I love her too. Poor Molly. Breaks my heart her leg this way. Collared. Can't lick herself. Can't scratch what itches.
We went back to the vet today. He wrapped the leg again and said come back Monday. On Monday, I am going to be in the room when they remove the bandage, and if I am not satisfied with her treatment and the way the leg looks, I am going somewhere for a second opinion.
Congratulations on your grandbaby...
Just wanted to let you know that maybe you shouldn't have expectations of what your grandchild calls you.
It's cruel to place restrictions on what he can call you. You ARE his grandma, you can't change that fact, and trying not to be called that is just plain mean.
Why is it such a chore to be called Grandma? Why not just rejoice in this little person and watch as he grows and learns instead of worrying about whether it makes you look old?
Post a Comment