Red Shoes, cont.
"And then she confessed all her sin, and the executioner struck off her feet with the red shoes; but the shoes danced away with the little feet across the field into the deep forest. "
Hans Christian Andersen
*
Ahhh, good old fairy tales. So uplifting.
I read a rather interesting book about the
meaning (collective unconscious/Jungian meaning)
of fairy tales by Bruno Bettelheim--The Uses
Of Enchantment, I think it's called.
As a child, I remember thinking how frightening many
of the stories were (the trolls in the Three Billy
Goats Gruff, the witch in Hansel & Gretel,
the wolf in Little Red Riding Hood, etc.)
Didn't hear the story of the red shoes when I was
a child. The only Andersen stories I remember
are The Princess And The Pea, The Snow Queen,
The Little Mermaid, The Emperor's New Clothes,
and The Ugly Duckling.
Here's to red shoes! And weird stories! And great movies!
And imagination!
*
Had my interview today. I think it went well,
but who knows. They may have met many good
applicants today.
If it's meant to be, it's meant to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment