Obedience Training: Lesson 2
Molly did well Wednesday at her second lesson.
She acts so much better there than at home!
Purchased a pinch collar for her and we wear
that when practicing. There is a very noticeable
difference in her these last two days.
Now, when I just pull up on her regular collar
and tell her to sit and stay, she's responding.
She didn't even go after Dante last night, which
was pretty amazing. Of course, I have to work with
her daily--at least two 20-30 minutes sessions. I can
only give her a "special" treat when she follows
my Come command (she gets pieces of hot dogs).
After she completes her other routine work--Sit, Stay,
Heel, Down, I can give her a doggie treat, but not a piece
of hot dog. According to the trainers, the Come command
is the most important she will learn so she needs that
special treat with the hope that she will respond quickly
to that command.
Getting ready to take her out and work with her now.
*
Taking my son and his friend to see Wilco tonight in Louisville.
My eldest (always want to say oldest as eldest doesn't sound
correct but grammatically speaking, it is) brother lives there,
so we're going to stop by his house for dinner before going
to the concert. It's at Louisville Slugger Field, and it looks
like the weather is going to be quite nice for an outdoor venue.
I'm taking a jacket just in case.
*
Waiting to hear back from my interview. They told me it would
be a week or so before they contact me (they have to run a background
check). I feel confident, but who knows. I can definitely see myself
as a CDW (Court Designated Worker) and hope I get the chance
to prove myself worthy of being in that position.
*
Time to do some laundry and take Molly out.
2 comments:
This post heartened me.
I'd given up on human beings and their interactions with animals after reading a story in yesterday's Pittsburgh paper about a man who shot a dog in the head then cut off its paw after being entrusted by a friend to take care of said dog; and after reading a story on CNN today about an animal (he sure as hell isn't a human being) who was apparently trapping cats and kittens in the neighborhood, injuring them then feeding them live to his pitbulls.
I swear to god, just when I think I've heard the worst, the worst gets even worst.
Even in the local paper a couple of weeks ago, 2 boys approached a woman and asked if they could have her cat that was sunning itself in the yard and she said no, so they came back the next day with their pitbull and sicced it on the cat that was sleeping on the front porch. Of course, the dog proceeded to maul the cat, a family pet, to death while the family watched from inside.
The boys stood and laughed while the dog was killing the cat.
Oh, my god.
So.
You can understand now why I was heartened by your post, Maggie.
(post a picture of your goodbad dog, eh?)
How horrible, Laurel.
I didn't read either of the stories you mentioned.
Oh my god, these inhumane people. And what's the most they get? Usually a fine.
Every time I take pictures of Molly, it's 2-3 months before I get them developed, so she doesn't look like any of the pics I have, but I did take some more today, and I am going to finish this roll and have it developed soon, so I'll post some of her.
She had a better day today. Better day yesterday.
I just have to have patience.
Post a Comment