Rain
A nice slow, soft rain has been falling
all day. I am so happy. It has been so dry
and hot here.
Going to cook tortellini soup tonight.
I vary it every time. This time I am
using chicken and prosciutto tortelloni
in the soup, so I won't be adding any other meat.
Going to saute in olive oil fresh garlic, sliced
(as I love garlic and want more than minced
in my foods), one yellow onion, chopped,
two stalks of celery, finely chopped,
and one sweet potato chopped. After
the garlic and onion become translucent,
I am going to deglaze the pan with some
chicken stock and let that simmer a bit.
Then I am going to add about 8 cups
chicken stock, 10 oz of beef stock,
garbanzo beans, and thyme.
I'll let that cook until the sweet potatoes
get tender and then add fresh kale, thinly
sliced. Just before serving, I'll add the
tortellino and fresh basil, thinly sliced.
About five minutes before I serve it,
I am adding some heavy cream--about
1/2 cup. Lots of healthy things in there
and just a little cream, so it should be good.
I top it with some freshly grated
parmigiano-reggiano cheese.
I am thinking I'll slice the French bread,
brush on some olive oil and then add
some kosher salt and thinly sliced
garlic. I love it when the garlic is added
to the top and you get that burst of fresh,
hot garlic taste.
Good day for soup.
*
Tomorrow, I am on the road to go see
my grandson. I am going to keep him
tomorrow night while his mom and dad
go out to eat. I can't wait to see him!
Going to stay the weekend and hang out
with a friend Saturday night.
*
I am stoked about my phone call yesterday.
An interview--finally. Even if I don't get the job,
I am excited about someone giving me an
opportunity, but I really hope I get it.
It's a Court Designated Worker position
and I would be working with juveniles
in trouble. Part-time, but that would work.
*
Went to Lowe's today to get a new ceiling
fan for my kitchen. I turned the light on
last week and flames shot out of the old
one. Scared the hell outta me. So, I got a
new one, which I was planning to do anyway
to better match the kitchen renovation.
*
Read some Bishop today. Not sure how much
I like the work, but I appreciate the mind.
She was one sharp cookie.
4 comments:
I love tortolini, not Bishop, though.
Good luck on the interview.
Some Bishop I am really enjoying--other poems just don't do anything for me. Maybe I'm not smart enough to get her.
Thanks for the good wishes...I hope it goes well. High time for me to be back to work helping someone try to get a game plan going and to stay out of trouble!
don't know which bishop you have, but is The Fish in there? She's a far better poet than lowell, i've always thought, and she wrote at least a handful of some of the best poems you'll find anywhere. stick with her: she's worth it.
I have The Collected Poems, so I am guessing they are all in there. I like some of her work a great deal, but some of it just puzzles me.
*sigh*
Post a Comment