Wednesday, May 13, 2020

A Mother's Day Post on FB from 2016 or 2017

It's not Mother's Day yet, but I will be busy tomorrow and want to share a message. All of us were born by women. Some of us never knew that woman, but many of us did. Some have lost their mothers to death and others to indifference, substance abuse, mental illness or abandonment. For those who have lost their mothers, my sympathy is with you. For those whose mothers are physically still present but emotionally and physically absent, I am so terribly sorry and send my empathy and hope. For those who were fortunate enough to know love from your mother, I am most grateful for you and hope you realize the beauty in that. For those who are estranged from your mother, I'm hopeful you will find a path which leads to understanding. For those of you who are mothers, I hope you have a relationship with your children in which you can embrace the shared interests, forgive the differences of opinion, & look forward to time together. I hope that love for them you first felt when they moved inside of you for the first time and looked at you for the first time and made you laugh and made you cry and broke your heart and resolve many times is still sound and true and the most real and visceral thing you've ever known. And, for those of you who have children who now also have children, may you be present in their lives as often as you can. May you appreciate each moment with them. For all the mothers out there, I send happy Mother's Day wishes & hope you get to see your child/children. For all who have lost your mother, may you find a good memory to hold on to or may you find a place of forgiveness and peace if there were no good memories. I send a Happy Mother's Day wish to my daughter who is such a caring, loving, whimsical, energetic, & ambitious mother to Zollie and conscientious and loving mother-to-be for my grandson who is due in October. Rock on!

No comments: