Friday, May 01, 2020

My response to sharing a song

You are most welcome. Music is a huge part of my life. Before COVID-19, I was at music venues often. My youngest son and I like so much of the same music. We have been to so many concerts/shows together. His dad and I took him to his first Bob Dylan concert, and I took him and a friend to see Wilco for the first time when he was in high school. I took my daughter and friends to see so many singer/songwriter musicians when my daughter was in high school. My oldest was not as much into music, but he did go see some classical music performances, ballets, and jazz bands with us. My youngest, my husband, and I had tickets to see The Rolling Stones in Nashville this month. Obviously, that show has been "set to be rescheduled," and, my youngest son and I have tickets to see Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds in October, but who knows if that will happen. We have seen Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds and have seen Nick Cave solo. If it doesn't work out, it doesn't. Music is something that lives inside of us. No one can take it from us. It heals, hurts, makes us laugh, takes us places, moves us, humbles us, stirs emotions, and fills many lonely hours. Jeff Buckley's version of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah just started playing in the background. It is the most beautiful cover of LC's song I have ever heard.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I love Jeff Buckley's version of that song. It always transports me to a great memory.