Over and Over Again
Many of the people I love the most
lie beneath the ground, silent, not open
to this mockery, this home without host,
this defilement of character most shun.
And so my words I speak into the night--
freely to you and to you, unabashed--
may linger and die slowly when daylight
finds me lying there, the night's fear rehashed.
Another morning, wildflowers screaming
listen! listen you, roll yourself over
and over again until the dreaming
refuses to hold you captive. Cover
the fragile flowers bordering the edge
of your life, the fringes of your knowledge.
1 comment:
Thanks, you!
Never did learn to write in iambic pentameter, so this is as good as it's going to get, methinks, for something close to a sonnet from me (and it's clearly not iambic pentameter!). I admire those people who can write these types of things. I'm just not one of them. But, hell, I'm doing good to write anything at all right now, so I'll take what comes and hope for more at some point.
Going to change the last part a little...flower identity confusion must be cleared up!
Post a Comment