Monday, February 25, 2019
The Gun and A Boat
Last night's dreams were far from pleasant. I woke up with my heart pounding. I was dreaming about a young man who was going to shoot me with his rifle. I was sitting in a beach chair with my feet in the sand though I did not see nor hear the ocean anywhere around me. I saw buildings and concrete. To my left, one of my former supervisors and her husband were also sitting in beach chairs though it seems they were also in a boat, but, again, there was no water anywhere that I could detect. I had noticed the young man off to my right. He was bothering a man and child who were sitting on a blanket in the grass. The man looked like someone I went to high school with. The man grew tired of the annoyance, and he and the child left. The young man, who appeared to be about 16, and a younger child who appeared to be about 8, came up to me. The young man pointed his rifle at me and said, "I'm going to shoot you." He had the rifle pointed low and to the left part of my lower body near my hip. He tried to fire, but the gun jammed. He tried again and again and kept saying he was going to shoot me. He tossed that rifle down, and started to take a bag off his right arm to get another weapon out. I grabbed the rifle and said, "You aren't going to shoot me! What in the effing hell do you think you're doing!" I then started swinging the rifle at him in an attempt to hit him in the head and knock him out or disable him from getting another gun. I remember swinging the rifle wildly but I couldn't hit him. He was loading another gun when I finally struck him on top of the head with the rifle. I hit him several times, and then he fell to his knees with head lowered. I saw a target of some type at the base of his neck and hit him there, too. He was then passed out. I remember yelling for someone to call 911, but the child who was with him seemed completely unfazed and mute, and my former supervisor and her husband were still sitting in their chairs as if they could not see nor hear any of the commotion. It was as if they were enclosed in a protective barrier which only allowed in sunlight, pleasant sounds, and calm. I woke up with my heart pounding. Earlier in the night, I was dreaming that I walked into a church and saw an old friend who said he was getting ready to do a reading. I thought he meant a poetry reading, but then a man entered the church and got his Bible out. My friend repeated that he was getting ready to do a reading. This time, he sounded like he was uncomfortable, and I realized he was meeting with someone in AA to spend time reading the Bible. I excused myself and said I would come back later. I then remember standing over a garbage can and peeing everywhere. I could not stop peeing, and for some reason, I did not go to the bathroom but chose the trash can. My friend came into the room as I was trying to clean up my mess and told me the toilet was a mess and he didn't know what to do about it. I looked in the toilet and saw books, cigarette butts, lots of toilet paper, and long black bugs. That dream segued into another in which I was in that same room with two attorneys--a man and a woman. Both were very attractive, intelligent, witty, and charming. It was obvious to me that the man was very interested in that woman, but she wasn't showing the same level of interest in him. They were laughing hysterically at something, and then we were on a boat in a swimming pool. The boat was taking on water, and they were still laughing. The boat then entered a large body of water--a lake or an ocean. It was no longer taking on water, and they were still laughing. The sun was so bright, it was as if I were seeing them in negative mode. I can still see their laughing faces--beautiful faces with the whitest teeth. Dreamland is a strange place. I can't wrap my head around writing poetry right now, so I may as well write about my dreams.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment