Molly...
she's the reason I have not read anything
since Sunday nor written anything,
but she's so damned beautiful that I don't
really care. She's still asleep but will
be waking any time now. I am stealing
a few precious minutes to write about
her (would rather do that than clean
the house!).
Molly Artel O'Durr Brown--the newest
addition to the Brown household.
Molly because she looks like a Molly.
Artel in memory and honor of my father--Artie Elmo
O'Durr--her mom and pop's name.
Brown--because she is now a part of the Brown family.
My beautiful, unsinkable Molly Brown!
She's a 7 week old Irish Setter who has the most
beautiful mom and pop. Molly doesn't have a choice
in the being beautiful thing! She's also smart
and good-natured though that's hard to assess at times
because she's so busy being a puppy and puppies
can be pretty obnoxious and far too curious (almost
ate a screw yesterday, then a penny and is trying
to eat all the houseplants). I have to get the house
puppy-proofed. And I need some knee pads. Geez.
My knees are killing me from playing with her
and cleaning up boo-boos.
This is all really good exercise for me in preparation
for my first grandchild who is due in July. Maybe Molly
will get me in shape so I can be of some help to my daughter-in-law
and really be able to enjoy my Grandmother time.
It's hard keeping up with babies, too, and I need the house
baby-proofed even though he or she won't be crawling around
or walking for a little while, I'll need to have things ready.
Hard to believe I am going to be a grandmother.
Where have the years gone?
Now I am totally convinced that old(er) women
should not have babies or puppies! Yikes!
Molly's wearing me out, but it will all be worth it.
I do feel like my friends should be bringing
meals to the house and offering to watch
her while I get a few hours of uninterrupted sleep.
*sigh*
Time to reheat coffee, get my shoes on, round up
a jacket and towel (pouring down rain--a very cold
pouring down rain at that, but Molly
loves it and doesn't get in a hurry to come back
in), and get ready for puppy
potty time!
4 comments:
Molly. I love that name. Reminds me of a little old lady whose house I used to clean. She had a scruffy little black dog named Molly.
Sally and Molly are 2 of my favorite girl names. They're happy names. One could not go through life despairing with a name like Molly.
There's nothing better than a puppy. Except maybe a kitten. People hand me their babies all the time expecting me to melt into a puddle of woman-ooze and I swear, I can't get rid of them fast enough. But gimme a kitten or puppy and I'm a goner.
Molly because she looks like Molly. That made me smile.
I named Bob Bob because he looks like a Bob. And for my dad. I named Bob Bob because, like my father, he's kind and smart, easy going and quiet. And blue-eyed.
Oh, please please please post a photo.
Please?
Congrat to you on your iminent grandmotherhood. My mom loves being a grandma.
Ever see or read Terms of Endearment? (if you haven't read, it, geez, do do DO!) Whenever I think of grandmothers, I think of Shirely Maclaine in that movie. She's all hot and bothered about Jack Nicholson after having finally slept with him, and then her grandson gets out of the car screaming: Grammagrammagramma!!!
And her face just falls.
(grin)
I wanna see Molly!
I gotta go out and shovel. Just got home from work and 8 inches have fallen and the snows is still falling fast. Up to 18 inches expected. Yes, I'm smiling! I love snow!
I love the name Molly, too. I actually was going to name her Ariel, but when I saw her, I said You're a Molly, so Molly it is, and I will be posting a picture soon. I took some last night and today.
She's sleeping now, but she doesn't sleep too long, so I am starting some chili and I am going to pour some wine and just try to relax a bit. She's so full of energy!
I did see Terms of Endearment, and, as a matter of fact, I can't pass it up any time I see it on tv. I just love it. And that scene is so classic. Remember when Flap and Emma were moving the first time and the first born grandchild says Goodbye Mrs. Greenway? She wouldn't let herself be called Grandma. I am excited. I just can't believe I am old enough to be a grandma, but I certainly am. My oldest son is going to be 29 in July. My daughter will be 26 in June and my youngest is 16.
Haven't read TOE but I would like to as I love the movie so. I will have to look for a copy.
Pictures of Molly coming soon!
Enjoy the snow...I love it too (as long as I don't have to drive in it!).
dogs rock...
not that i have anything really against cats...except they make it hard for me to breathe
I love my cats. One of the things I love most about them is how independent and indifferent they can be, but it's also one of the things that makes me long for a pet who wants to be around me and who looks really happy to see me when I get home and who can go take walks with me.
I think I am allergic to my cats, but they're here to stay.
Dante (my 9 yr old tabby) is taking this hard--he smacked Molly in the nose yesterday. It bled for a little while and she was quite traumatized. Oreo (5 yrs old) is doing better with her. At least she doesn't try to swat Molly. If Molly gets too close, she hisses and then slowly backs herself out of the room. It's just going to take time for them to adjust.
We have snow today and Molly loves it. I took some pictures of her in the snow and will get them developed soon and posted.
Post a Comment