I tried to play this earlier and my whole computer froze. I won't hit the play button again but I did want to leave a comment now that my computer's up and running again.
This is on my top ten list of favorite favorite songs. My father and I weren't emotionally demonstrative--we never hugged or kissed or said I love you--and I regret that deeply sometimes and wish that we had been--but I did manage to sneak in how I felt about him in subtle ways. I used to make killer diller treat tapes (compilations of songs and music that I loved or that I thought the people I was making the tapes for would love) and on the only treat tape I made for him, for one of his birthdays, this song is on it.
In my life, I love you more.
And I did. I loved him more than anyone in my life.
I think that's so cool that you made your dad a tape for his birthday, and I don't know if her ever told you what he thought about it, but I bet he loved it.
My kids make me tapes and even their friends make me tapes--they know how much I love music and how open I am to different styles and genres.
2 comments:
I tried to play this earlier and my whole computer froze. I won't hit the play button again but I did want to leave a comment now that my computer's up and running again.
This is on my top ten list of favorite favorite songs. My father and I weren't emotionally demonstrative--we never hugged or kissed or said I love you--and I regret that deeply sometimes and wish that we had been--but I did manage to sneak in how I felt about him in subtle ways. I used to make killer diller treat tapes (compilations of songs and music that I loved or that I thought the people I was making the tapes for would love) and on the only treat tape I made for him, for one of his birthdays, this song is on it.
In my life, I love you more.
And I did. I loved him more than anyone in my life.
I think that's so cool that you made your dad a tape for his birthday, and I don't know if her ever told you what he thought about it, but I bet he loved it.
My kids make me tapes and even their friends make me tapes--they know how much I love music and how open I am to different styles and genres.
I've always loved this song.
Post a Comment