Sunday, September 08, 2019

Be willing

I posted this quote on my Timeline and on the Grateful Gardener's site: "Be willing to be a beginner every single morning." Meister Eckhart.

I need to remind myself of that every day.  If I failed myself or someone else in some way, if I didn't reach any goals, if I didn't dare to dream, I must be willing to be a beginner every single day. I have to lose this weight.  I didn't eat too much yesterday, but I drank too much.  The good news is that I have lost some weight. On 8/26, I weighed 259.  Friday, 9/06, I weighed 255.8.  I am going to try to lose 1-2 pounds per week. My goal right now is to lose 25 pounds between now and 11/01 (that would be 2 pounds per week) or by 2/23/20 (that would be a pound per week).  I will try not to get discouraged if I only lose one pound per week.  My weight at that time will be 230.8. 

That looks so terrible, but it is what it is, and all I can do now is try to get healthier and quit wallowing in the number on the scale and how I got here.  I just have to keep trying.

Here's a picture of my hanging on with all my might:


No comments: