Thursday, September 12, 2019

From FB

Something I wrote on this date (9/12) in 2014 and posted on FB.

Summer nears its end. Crickets sing all around me/ drown out the sound of traffic. I am not alone & I am very much alone. Life is a dichotomy lived every day. Hang with it, & the crickets and seasons and despair and moments of joy may make sense at some point. Paint your picture. Swirl it, trash it, embrace it, defile it. Live. Let the cool touch of late summer enter you like love. Don't try so hard to push it away. When someone turns on the light in the middle of your reverie, refuse to let the light dictate your sense of being. When you choose to have the light, wrap your small arms around it (compared to light, all arms are small). In this relatively quiet moment you find yourself in, relinquish fear. It is in the letting go that the harnessing finds its place.

No comments: