Friday, October 24, 2008

Nirvana - Lake of fire

Started singing this at work today--we were slap happy goofy thank god it's friday crazy this afternoon.

By the way, I can't post anything on my blog. I sign it, I get the page for new post, and then it vanishes. Boo. Things I want to say.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy that whole time frame; that albume, that sweater he wore for MTV Unplugged...it brings so much back to me.

Jo A. T.B. said...

Great song Maggie, love all that guitar pickin, and Kurt Colbain too. I know blogger was down yesterday for a short while. I had the same problem awhile back, couldn't get on for 3 days! I went into dashboard,scrool down to blogger help group,scrool down something is broken, and you can see the present topics. You need to sign up if you want to post a new topic that is not there, or post in a present topic that is already posted. I did it when mine went down.

Hopefully a glich will come back up soon!

Maggie said...

I get in my Nirvana moods. I think they were excellent unplugged.

Still can't create or edit a post. Don't know why. I tried what you said, Jo, but I didn't get anywhere.

Probably a good thing I can't. I have so much to do and so little time to get it done!

I am having the exterior of the house redone, so there are messes everywhere. The guys put the new windows in last week. Now I need to take all the stickers off of them, rehang curtains, put the hardware back up for the blinds and rehang those. Clean the floors around the frame (tearing out old windows and putting in new makes a huge mess!).

I also have to get an electrician (if hubby and his friend can't take care of the problem, which I think they can and hope they can today) before the guys can proceed with the guttering work. At one point in time, we had a guest house on the back lot. It broke my heart to see it razed, but it had to be done. What we didn't know is that the 110 electrical line that ran from this house to that one was also the line that runs the washer in the basement. We assumed when the line was cut outside that it was all over with, but when one of the guys tried to cut the frayed ends of the former line, a huge fireball shot out at him. Needless to say, it scared the bejesus outta him. He hasn't been back since, but by golly, he better get back. I ad to pay him some money up front to pay his crew to work. I owe him the rest when the job is done.

It's beautiful outside today, but they aren't here. I'm trying not to worry about it. Surely they have other things they can do while they wait on us to fix the frayed pieces of old line.

It's always something.

I am really enjoying my job. I haven't been tested too severely yet, but I know my day will come. So far, my clients have shared with me how much I've helped them, but I know there will be some people who will not be receptive to the help for various reasons. Mental illness can be so completely debilitating and can cause a person to behave in ways which are unexpected, frigthening, and potentially harmful to the person and others. We just all try to do what's in the best interest of the individual and get them the help they need. It's very intersting work, but I sure am wiped out by the time Friday gets here!

Jo A. T.B. said...

Wow Maggie, you sure are busy! Seems when you have a house always remodeling, fixing, and upkeep to fill your days.

It's a God send to enjoy the work you love. You are meant to help others with your special ability. I'm sure all the pressure wears on your mind and body by the end of the week.

My days are never my own either, but I'm taking tomorrow off for another Fall excursion hike! Having a relaxing evening at my computer tonight, me time at last!

Calder said...

I am glad to read that you job is going well... yes, whiped out by Friday...uggg.

I hope you have a peaceful and happy weekend Maggie!

Maggie said...

Yes, yes--too busy, but you know what? It feels right.

God, I sure hope mania is not trying to buddy up with me again after all these years!

Jo--have fun on your hike, and Calder, you enjoy your weekend, too (or what's left of it!).