Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Finally

...a completely sunshiny day, which
should lift one's spirits. I think my own
won't get lifted 'til I lift a glass of vino
tonight.

Oops--wrong--it just got cloudy.

Going to cook Montalcino Chicken with Figs
and Buttered Gnocchi with Pancetta and Nutmeg
(a Rachel Ray meal, and if you ever watch her, you'd
know it was hers because she adds nutmeg
to so many things!).

This one will be cooked with some Rosso di Montalcino
(coudn't afford the Brunello--yikes, was it expensive!)

I watched her make this one night last week, so I got
a bottle of wine when I was out of town last weekend
(can't get much wine here--Yellow Tail, Gallo, Glen Ellen,
etc.--very, very limited choices in this town).

Short day at work today (maybe).

Don't see my first client until 1, and then
I have folks every 15 minutes
until 3 or so, if they show up.

The study is nearing its end, so I'll only be working
another 3-4 weeks, and then who knows what I'll do.

I just can't worry about it anymore. I have a few
irons in the fire with some positions I would very much
love to have, but so far no interviews. I remain hopeful and will
just do the best with what I have until then.

I would like to start grad school, but I don't know what
I want to be when I grow up. Too many choices.
Too many areas of study I enjoy. Too much money to go.
Too little time. Too much thinking. Do I get my degree
in something I love, or something that will bring much
needed revenue into the household? That being said,
I could not get my master's in an area I didn't feel
compelled to study and make a career out of just because
there is demand in that area and more money than one of my
other choices, but there are limited career opportunities
in this area, so I have to think about that too.

Maybe by the time I'm 50-55, I'll figure it out. At 65,
I can get a free ride--never had one of those.

That's something to look forward to.

No comments: