Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Going Down

Went down hard today. No bumps
in the sidewalk and no twisting of ankles.

Passed a house with a fenced-in yard. A pit bull
ran up to the fence and Molly was doing the sniff
thing through the links when another one
showed up and then they got very aggressive
and scared Molly and she bolted.

I've been on a horse when it bolts--I know
there is no stopping that energy. I was
helpless. She pulled away and pulled
me down into the street (the gutter, basically)
of a very busy street. It hurt like hell
but I had to get up and get her.

I have a knot the size of half an orange
on my right leg below the knee, my ankle is bruised
and battered, my right elbow scraped, my right
palm bruised and sore, my back hurting.

Maybe she's just too much dog for me.

Or maybe I just need to be very selective
about where we walk.

Hurting, hurting. Another ice pack on its way.

No comments: