Oh yes...the yard is lovely...those are pictures I found on the net (I don't have a decent camera at this point or I'd take some pictures--I took some with a disposable camera and if any turn out, I'll post one...
So many things are blooming here now...the Weeping Cherry, the Redbuds, the clematis, Dogwood trees, the Irises, heleborus, coreopsis, creeping phlox...
the daffodils, forsythia and hyacinths bloomed weeks ago and have already lost their blossoms...it's about 82 today!
Reminds me of some of the lovely gardens, yards that are just full of flowers with little or no lawn, in my favorite magazine, Cottage Living.
There's a profusion crabapple that I can see from my bedroom window. It's quite beautiful. Didn't know what it was, didn't know what it would be until it began to flower last week. Then I looked it up online. The color of the blooms is quite distinctive. It's almost like having a tree-sized azalea out there. (when I think of azaleas, the bright pink, fuschia, really, variety are the ones that come to mind)
My mom has two flowering crabapples in the front yard, which are so beautiful, and a flowering peach in the garden in the backyard (which is no less lovely!) that she started in memory of my father.
Everything does look lovely. It's hard to feel sad with all this beauty around, but it still happens. Regardless, I am enjoying just walking around my yard and my neighbor's (their yard is truly a work of art--they work on it all the time!).
My light pink azaleas are blooming--the white and magenta are fully budded but not in bloom yet.
I'll have to check out Cottage Living...I know I would enjoy it with all the gardens and other things in the magazine that you have mentioned.
By the way, so far, today has been a no-pee-on-the-bed day for Molly. I am hopeful.
4 comments:
Are your irises in bloom already? Mine don't bloom until early June.
Oh yes...the yard is lovely...those are pictures I found on the net (I don't have a decent camera at this point or I'd take some pictures--I took some with a disposable camera and if any turn out, I'll post one...
So many things are blooming here now...the Weeping Cherry, the Redbuds, the clematis, Dogwood trees, the Irises, heleborus, coreopsis, creeping phlox...
the daffodils, forsythia and hyacinths bloomed weeks ago and have already lost their blossoms...it's about 82 today!
Lucky you.
A yard full of blooms.
Reminds me of some of the lovely gardens, yards that are just full of flowers with little or no lawn, in my favorite magazine, Cottage Living.
There's a profusion crabapple that I can see from my bedroom window. It's quite beautiful. Didn't know what it was, didn't know what it would be until it began to flower last week. Then I looked it up online. The color of the blooms is quite distinctive. It's almost like having a tree-sized azalea out there. (when I think of azaleas, the bright pink, fuschia, really, variety are the ones that come to mind)
My mom has two flowering crabapples in the front yard, which are so beautiful, and a flowering peach in the garden in the backyard (which is no less lovely!) that she started in memory of my father.
Everything does look lovely. It's hard to feel sad with all this beauty around, but it still happens. Regardless, I am enjoying just walking around my yard and my neighbor's (their yard is truly a work of art--they work on it all the time!).
My light pink azaleas are blooming--the white and magenta are fully budded but not in bloom yet.
I'll have to check out Cottage Living...I know I would enjoy it with all the gardens and other things in the magazine that you have mentioned.
By the way, so far, today has been a no-pee-on-the-bed day for Molly. I am hopeful.
Post a Comment